Saturday, August 9, 2008

Jehovah Jireh

It seems that there has been one bend in the road after another this week. I am struggling to keep up with the pace of life. I continue to battle severe headaches and my balance has been far form stable causing me to fall. I am headache free right now, but my left leg is throbbing.

This cycle of unending pain is taxing me beyond measure. In a way I am thankful for the change in pain. At least I don’t have a headache. But, at the same time I can find no relief from my throbbing muscles and bones.

As much as I want to demand relief form the Lord I have to believe that He is not blind to this pain, nor is He deaf to the cry of my heart. Everything that come to me come having been sifted though His fingers. In His strengths this can be endured. In faith I stand on the promise that this is achieving for me something far greater then I can comprehend.

It is with this in mind that I press on to that which I have been called. God continues to amaze me with the way He is working to bring together all that I need for my upcoming trip to Romania. As many of you know, I needed $1,500 by Tuesday, August 5th. Late on Monday I calculated my total and it came to $1018. I was not discounting God, but logically I was pretty sure that I was not going to meet the Tuesday deadline.

I wasn't worried. The organization already said that since I have been to Romania twice previously, they know that I am committed, and they are not going to worry about money.
But, just because He can, and because He is never late in meeting our needs, God proved my lack of expectation wrong.

When the mail came in on Tuesday morning I was astounded upon opening an envelope containing a $500-gift. That brought my total to $1,518 toward the cost of the trip itself, In addition I have received $265 toward the cost of my personal expenses. As of today, my support has totaled $1,983 over all.

I still have a ways to go with the financial portion of this, and there are many other details to be ironed out. But I am convinced that with God all things are possible. I am waiting to see how the rest of these details come together.

Along those lines, a newspaper reporter contacted me this morning requesting an opportunity to do a human-interest story on my trip. With some apprehension I obliged. The interview is scheduled for 9:00AM on Monday morning.

I would appreciate your prayers going into this. I have never done anything like this. I pray that all that I say will be pleasing to our Lord. Please pray also that I am in minimal pain Monday morning, so that I can concentrate fully on this interview.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. I greatly appreciate each of you.


No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog