Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Links of the week

It has been a busy couple of weeks with many twists and turns. I have much to blog about. Right now, however, time is of the essence. So, instead of having you ponder my thoughts though this blog. I thought I would take this opportunity share with you a couple of blogs that have really had an impact on me this week.

As many of you know, mission and ministry involving children is something that I am passionate about. I have had many amazing first-hand opportunities to watch God work in and though the lives of his people. I have gained a great deal of respect for so many of those whom I have had the privilege of meeting and serving alongside.

One such individual Beth Bateman. Beth’s passion for children, and her enthusiasm for ministry are both very contagious, and of great inspiration to me. Beth recently returned from Ethiopia and Kenya. She has been kind enough to share her experience with all who care to read her blog. I strongly encourage you to read what she has so eloquently written. Her stories paint a breathtaking picture of the love and faithfulness of our global God.

Another post that I found to be of great influence on my life is this prayer that was posted by a pastor after he attended a leadership conference. May I have the boldness to sincerely pray this prayer.

May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers, half truths, and superficial relationships, so that you may live deep within your heart.
May God bless you with anger at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people, so that you may work for justice, freedom and peace.
May God bless you with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation, and war, so that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and to turn their pain in to joy.
And may God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you can make a difference in this world, so that you can do what others claim cannot be done.

If you don't have time to read Beth's entire blog right now be sure to read this post!

Inspired,

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog