Monday, May 19, 2008

The Jeopardy Reminder

I recently read about this on a blog that I read regularly, and I was reminded of this verse found in Mark 8:36. “What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? “

The 2008 Jeopardy college tournament is currently on and three very bright college students were battling it out. One of them picked “B.A.” for 600. This means all responses will begin with B A. This was the clue:
In John 3:3 Jesus said, “Unless a man is _____________ he will not see the kingdom of God.”

Sadly, all three of these students stared blankly until the buzzer rang. How sad it is that so many go through life planning for the future without considering where they will spend eternity. I am remind of how crucial it is for me to humbly live out my faith in everyday life that others might see and consider this life altering question before it’s too late.

All I have is right now this very moment. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised. May I live in such a way as to have an answer for everyone who asks me to give a reason for the hope that I have. Time is fleeting, life is fragile, and eternity is inevitable. The question is, where will you spend it?

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog