Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Showing the Father's Love

There is nothing more heartbreaking to me than the look of emptiness in eyes of an orphan child. It is a look that I have seen countless times as I have followed God to embrace the hearts of orphan children in Romania. It is a haunting look that is forever grafted into my memory. No matter how I try, I cannot escape it, and I am thankful!

Why? Because it is that look of emptiness, longing, and pain that keeps me on my knees before the Father pleading on behalf of orphans the world over. I cannot begin comprehend the pain of complete abandonment that leads to that far off look in a child’s eyes. When I realize that this pain is the central theme that runs though the life stories of more than 147 million children around the world, I cannot help but be moved.

With everything in me I wish I could rescue each of these children, and partner with God to erase the pain of abandonment from their lives forever. While there is no way for any one of us to personally provide for the needs of all of these children, God is inviting us to join His heart, and play a part in caring for orphans. Not everyone is called to adopt, but we are all called to do something to defend the cause of the fatherless.

Today in Liberia, there are two children with that far off look of longing in their eyes. God sees them, and has called them by name. God has chosen a family for them, and He is inviting us to be a part of their redemption story. Will you join me in being a small part of the miracle that will bring D and J home into the arms of love forever?.

Will you please pray for their health, and protection on their journey home? Will you pray for the dear family who is patiently waiting on the Lord to finish the good work that He began over 2 years, to bring their children home? Will you allow the Lord to lead you toward making a donation that will help to finalize their adoption? Your gift of love today will change their lives forever! They need our help. Will you answer the call?
To learn more about this story, and make a donation click here.



Only by God’s Grace,


Melissa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart sharing this story and need.

YES! God will bring them home!

Blessings and love,
Jill

whenpigsfly said...

Thank you for your wonderful post Melissa! I so appreciated your kind note to me.Thanks for coming to visit Smithsoup! As we continue to pray our childrens' adoption to completion and their travel HOME into reality, we are so full of gratitude to our Heavenly Father for bringing people along side of us in all forms of support!
I had a dream last night about a blogpage with autumn leaves, and I said "how beautiful" and thought maybe I had redesigned my blog in my dream. When I saw your blog just now, I drew in my breath so hard. It WAS what I saw in my dream!!! Exactly. As I read your words and saw the lovely autumn images, I sensed your "pound the table and weep" passion for orphans in each of your words just as I feel them myself! May God continue to keep you impassioned after His heart and use you up for His Kingdom!

His Alone,
Linda
Linda

visitors

Post to my social network or blog