Thursday, August 28, 2008

Inching closer to Romania

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

I feel more like a child anticipating the arrival of Christmas with each passing day as I watch the details of this trip to Romania come together. I continue to be amazed at God's provisions, and the attention that He has given to even the most minute details. In the last three days I have crept more than $300 closer to meeting my financial obligation, I have begun to iron out many of the necessary logistics for travel, and I have seen a glumes of the vast number of ministry opportunities that await me.

I have been warned that due to the unfortunate reality that this ministry is largely understaffed, they work their short-term missionaries to the bone. Believe it or not, this is music to my ears. I am sure that I will encounter some challenges physically, but I am confident that with God's help, many prayers, and my years of experience at putting mind over matter, this mission can be successfully accomplished.

I have been told that I will not only be serving in the transition home, but also in village ministry to the elderly, the children, and at a children's hospital. I anticipate these to be some very long, taxing, but joy filled days.

There are still many things that need to come together in the next five weeks. More than anything I want to make some sense of this ongoing medical maze that I find myself in. Everything seems to point to the amazing reality that God wants me in Romania, but part of me wants to see exactly how He is going to physically sustain me.

Some things are difficult to take on blind faith. However, I am reminded that faith is being sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see. No matter the circumstances that surround me, God can and deserves to be trusted. He has given us a hope that has been promised not to disappoint.

Thank you for your prayers and Support.

Standing on His Promises,

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog