Friday, May 30, 2008

The Good Old Days

Isn’t it amazing how times change? Just look at what people were saying some 5o years ago.

*“I’ll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it’s going to be impossible to buy a week’s worth of groceries for $20.”
*“Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?”
*“If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store.”
*“When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we’d be better off leaving the car in the garage.”
*“Kids today are impossible. Those ducktail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed.”


No wonder senior citizens have so many fun stories to tell. I wonder what life will look like 50 years from now. What stories will I have to tell?

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog