Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Day of Bowling


This past Sunday I had the privilege of joining my family and five others in taking a group of children with Down syndrome bowling. The excitement of these children was unmistakable. The innocent, joy filled smiles that lit their faces as they pushed one bowling ball after another down the lane is a sight that will not soon be forgotten. Perhaps even more memorable then their smiles are the squeals and screams that were head as these kids cheered with every pin that toppled to floor. With a pizza party to follow a good time was had by all! Here are a few of the pictures that capture these priceless fleeting moments.

Kaytlin


Jamie

Maggie

Katie

Cori



It may have been wiser for me to keep my position as a spectator and photographer during the event, but why watch when you have not tried to join in the fun? With that in mind I decided to broaden my horizon a bit and try my hand at bowling. It is a challenge for me to keep my balance, carry a 10-pound ball, and throw it down the lane. But, the fun was worth it. I am just grateful that there was no video taken. :)

"This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24


























































































No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog