Monday, November 1, 2010

The Power of Encouragement

Encourage one another and build each other up 1Thessalonians 5:11


I am so thankful that God does not ask us to walk though life alone. Not only does He promise that He will never leave us or forsake us, but He brings other people alongside to encourage and strength us, and point us to Him. He knows our every need and He has promised to meet each one perfectly- in His way and in His perfect timing.

Often He uses the willing hearts of others to meet our needs and bless us in ways that we never imagined. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel toward those who have followed God’s prompting, and have stepped out of their comfort zone to invest a word of encouragement, or a prayer softly spoken over my life.

Encouragement and prayer are two of the greatest gifts that can ever be given. Their value is for time and eternity. I pray that my eyes and ears will remain open, and that my heart will be made increasingly more sensitive to those around me. May I be quick to offer a compliment, a word of encouragement, or a prayer on their behalf.

Good days can be made even better, and difficult days can be made brighter when we allow the Son to shine though us as we bestow these gifts on those around us. In giving we also receive the blessing of knowing that we have shed His light on another life.

Lord, open the eyes of my heart that I might become a missionary of encouragement.


Only By His Grace, 

Melissa  

1 comment:

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Oh Melissa, you are an encourager, even in the midst of all that you endure. You are beautiful and Christ shines through you!

May God continue to give you His words of encouragement each day. May we all have His eyes to see those hurting around us and may we speak His love to each of them.

Be blessed today. Thanks for this post filled with life-giving truth.

Much love,
Stacy

visitors

Post to my social network or blog