Friday, August 13, 2010

Grace

Grace


I am a mortal human being ensnared by my sin.
I am broken, I'm bleeding, I'm dying within.
Aimlessly I wonder down pathways so wide.
Guided only by my selfish ambitions and pride.

I am running in circles.
My clothing is rags.
My life lies in shambles,
Unworthy, condemned are my tags.

As my footing gives way,
And I fall to the floor.
My will has been defeated.
My strength is no more.

Ashamed with myself,
I bowed my head.
As my life flashed before me,
These simple words I said.

Dear Father, please save me,
Form my helpless state.
I am certain the fires of hell,
Are my fate.

I am running in circles.
My clothing is rags.
My life lies is in shambles,
Unworthy, condemned are my tags.

Kneeling beside me,
His eyes filled with tears.
As He beheld the helplessness,
That defined all my years.

My child He said,
His voice soft and low.
You have been forgiven,
Now rise up and go.

As I rose to my feet,
And lifted my head
He gave me a gift
To be opened and said,
This gift that I give you,
Is the gift of my grace.
Unmerited favor,
For my Son took your place.

It matters not the mistakes,
That have cluttered your past.
This gift of my grace,
Is a gift that will last.

Through all of life's trials,
And all your mistakes,
My grace is sufficient,
For my Son took your place.

When He hung on the cross
Of mount Calvary,
The blood He shed,
Was blood spilled for thee.

You stand now before me,
Washed in that crimson tide.
Your rags of shame my dear child,
Are now purified.

This one thing I ask,
As you go forth today.
Share this gift with another,
Weary soul on your way.

Give them the the message,
Of my forgiveness so fair.
Assure them my favor,
Will always be there.

It matters not the mistakes,
That have cluttered their past.
This gift of my grace,
Is a gift that will last.

Through all of life's trials
And all their mistakes
My grace is sufficient
For my Son took their place.

This gift that I offer,
Is given in love.
To every soul searching,
For hope from above.

Carry this gift,
To every dark place.
My unmerited favor,
The gift of my grace.


© Melissa Melvin 2010

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog