Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The comfort of Christ

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
This poem was started quite some time ago, and for some reason I could never find the words to finish it. These last few weeks have been quite painful for me physically speaking. It is in times like this that I find myself clinging all the harder to faith, yet desiring so much to figure out some of its mysteries. Psalm 46:10 come to mind tonight as I pondered the purpose in the pain. This is what followed.



Be Still

Questions whirl about me
Waves of doubt and fear
Yet in this stone cold midnight,
A gentle voice I hear.

The words are whispered softly,
So much softer then my fears.
But, the message that is spoken
Rings clearly in my ears.

Though the darkness does surround you,
And tears well in your eyes.
Rest assured dear child,
I am listening to your cries.

Though the future seems uncertain,
And pain your heart does sear.
Rest in me dear child,
Be still and know I’m here.

Floods may rise against you;
Dark clouds may loom above
But, there is safety while abiding
In your Father’s arms of love.

So look beyond the shadows;
Beyond your circumstantial fears
Fix your eyes on Heaven
Be still and know I’m here.

Melissa Melvin 2008 ©

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog