Thursday, September 25, 2008

Prayer Requests for Ministry Trip to Romania


The clock is winding down quickly as I continue to prepare for ministry in Romania. The support that I have received over these last several weeks is like nothing I have ever seen before. It is clear that God is unfolding an amazing plan in my midst. He continues to meet my every need.

Financially speaking, the basic cost of the trip has been completely covered. And I have enough supplies to supply an entire team. Due to the overwhelming number of supplies, and the weight restrictions that the airline has on luggage, I am going to have to take a couple extra suitcases. Each extra bag will cost me $105 a piece. Due to this cost I am sill in need of financial support to cover these expenses.

Your prayers are of supreme importance at this time. The logistics of this trip are much greater than any that I have dealt with before. I was recently informed by the mission agency that I will have to take a very significant amount of money with me to pay for my room and board, as well as other ministry expenses that I will incur. With this in mind, Please pray for my safety.

I was also informed last Saturday that the lady I am to be traveling with may not be able to go due to some physical problems. If she does not go, I will be traveling by myself. Please pray that God’s will would be done in this situation. I will know for sure if she is going or not on Saturday evening.

I will not have a wheelchair at O’Hare airport. Please pray that God would put people in my path that would help me when needed. Asking for help is not one of my strong points. Asking favors of strangers is even more difficult for me.


This endeavor is taking me much further out of my comfort zone that I ever imagined. My time in Romania will be nonstop ministry. The days will be full and very long. Please pray for my physical stamina.

I have no idea exactly what this trip will hold for me. I have received word yesterday that I will be speaking to a CPC in Timisoara. I will spend part of my Wednesdays with some of the elderly form the village. Much of Sunday will be spent at church. (Romanian church services run rather long.) I will also be spending quite a bit of time with the moms and children at the care home.

Other than that I will simply be available; ready to spring into action at any moment for any task. Please pray that I would have wisdom, and would respond in a Christ like manor to every situation.

Also, pray for all those whom I will encounter throughout this experience- in travel and ministry. That seeds would be planted on fertile ground and hears would be softened by the message of the gospel.

Thank you for your prayers and support. I am honored to be serving with you.


For His kingdom and His Glory,

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog