Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thank You

Seven weeks premature, 3 pounds 15 oz, at 5:51 Am, on Sunday, July 15,1984, I drew my first breath. Two minutes later my twin sister joined me, and together we began our journey through life.

The road was rocky at the start. It was unclear if, or how long we would live. We were life-flighted (first her then me) from one hospital to another. Upon our arrival we spent the next month in the NICU. That was the beginning of what has been, and continues to be, the adventure of my lifetime.




In the last twenty- four years there have been many mountaintop experiences, and days spent in the valleys. But, by the grace of God, I have traveled quite a distance in this world, and have accomplished more then anyone ( myself included) ever thought possible.



Behind every accomplishment to which I can sign my name, there is a faithful, ever-present God, and an innumerable number of people who have inverted countless hours of time, energy, experience, prayer, and an unfathomable amount faith in me. Though, I struggle at times to give thanks for every situation. I am abundantly thankful for each and every individual who has made a contribution to my life.



Your dedication to my well-being, and your willingness to believe in me, with all of my crazy, larger then life, dreams is what has made these last twenty-four years so rich. All of you, in one way or another, have played a significant role in shaping who I am. So, today as I reflect on the past, and look forward to the future I want to thank each of you for the contributions that you have made to the ongoing story of my life. Thank You!



This picture represents one of the crazy, larger then life, dreams that I have had. A dream, that by the grace of God, and though the kindness, and help of so many, has become reality- not once, but twice, and counting. : )



In Other news, I received word this morning that my application for Romania has been approved. I can now officially start the fundraising process.

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog