Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Pirate Princess...

Life with the gift of Cerebral Palsy has given me wide range of experiences. While some of them have been much less then desirable may have had a richness to them that cannot be matched. Amidst the challenges, and the unpredictable waves of pain, I have seen God work in ways that I never could have imagined. This gift has opened many doors of opportunity to me that I may not have had access to otherwise.

By the grace of God I have been able to travel to Romania, and armed with compassion, knowledge, and understanding meet some of the needs of thee young orphans who are also living with the affects of this disorder. In the process I was able answer some of the questions that were posed to me by one of the Romanian hospital volunteers.



This experience led me to speaking at a church, and meeting Paul and Melissa Barth. At the time Paul and Melissa were in the process of adopting their daughter Ellie form Korea. In meeting Melissa I learned that Ellie also has CP.

Since that time I have kept in touch with the Batth's, and have done my best to offer encouragement to them whenever possible. The truth is, I have gained much more from this family then I have ever given them.

Recently I had the privilege of spending some time with them, and of course. playing with Ellie. This little girl is such a delight. I look forward to watching God unfold the amazing pain that He has for her life.

Today I want to wish Ellie a very Happy 6th birthday. Happy Birthday, sweetheart! I hope you are having a wonderful day! Dream big, keep smiling, and remember with God all things are possible. One day you could be running faster then me! Keep practicing!
Love,
Melissa

Pirate princess



No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog