Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ordinary person extraordinary God

Excited yet apprehensive a young college freshman emailed me. She is about to embark on the journey of a lifetime as she spends her summer pouring into the lives of emotionally, physically, and spiritually malnourished children-.children that have experienced little outside the four walls of the Romanian government placement center that they call home.

Eagerly she quarries me of my experience. Wanting as much detailed information as I can offer her. While her questions were not new to me I was taken aback by the fact that yet another perfect stranger, was seeking out my advice and experience before departing on a cross-cultural journey.

As I carefully read her message, and considering my response my cinematic memory carried me back in time to those novel like events that led up to, and now encompass my “Romania experience”. With every picture that flashes before my minds eye there is a story to be told, and crystal clear evidence of the grace, loving kindness, and provision of God.

What an honor it is to be chosen and loved by almighty God. What a privilege to be broken, yet used as a tool in God’s hands for a purpose that will echo throughout all eternity.

What we see as misfortune God sees as a miracle. What we view as unlikely God views as an opportunity to glorify himself, and too bring more of His kingdom to this earth. What a gracious, mighty God we serve. I am indeed an ordinary person with limitations with an extraordinary God who has none. To God be the glory.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within usto him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen Ephesians 3:20

In what surprising ways has God used you as the tool in his hands to bring His kingdom to this earth?

No comments:

visitors

Post to my social network or blog